Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Mission Statement!

“ My name is Maximus Desimus Meridius. Commander of the armies of the North. General of the Felix Legions. Loyal servant to the true Emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance... in this life or the next.”
Said the Gladiator (Russell Crowe actually) to rise in protest against the oppressive rule of Commodus (What kind of a name is that!)

Now it’s time for Gluteus Maximus to rise! Gluteus who? Gluteus Maximus, the gladiator’s suppressed brother from down south who always chose to remain behind the scenes! That’s right, ladies and gentleman, it’s time we got off our bum!

Anyways, once upon a time I got bored with my life. And then I decided to do something about it. I mean really do something about it. And after I was done downloading ALL Anna Kournikova pictures from the internet and was fully satisfied with my collection (Yeah! Even I did not believe a day would come when THAT happens) I decided to do something worthwhile with my free time. (Okay, something ELSE worthwhile)
So here it is.
This is my blog where I along with my other friends with Good Taste, Sound Judgment, and Noble Intentions post suggestions on things to do with free time!

Here we would post:
Book Reviews, Movie Experiences
Places you can visit in and around Bangalore. (Bike rides for Dummies!)
Also information on concerts, art exhibitions, food/film festivals, nice (and preferably cheap!) places to eat/drink, things to learn, Kournikova fan club meets (!) etc etc.

Please note: We do not claim this to be a comprehensive, complete list, a kind of Bangalore guide. We write about what we get to know. We are not unemployed. At least, not yet!

The information here is intended to HELP.
Giving reasons why you SHOULD go to a place or read a book or watch a play. It would rarely find criticism.
So it's time we stopped Hatching Eggs and gave poor Gluteus Maximus some reprieve!!!

Disclaimer: When we say the road is absolutely fantastic, we are rarely talking about the quality of the tar on the road. The only reason I notice pot holes is that I am in love with my bike.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vaishnavi Tekumalla said...

What an excellent idea this blog is! Have added link on my blog. Are we allowed to make suggestions? :) I could tell you about 'SLV's for starters (see community with same name on orkut)! :)

3:46 PM  
Blogger Swapnil said...

Of course you can make suggestions. Just send them to GetOffYourBum@gmail.com.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home